What Is Hyperpigmentation?
It is a skin condition that manifests through dark parts on the skin. It is a result of excess production of melanin in the body. It also manifests with darker pigmentation on the skin. There are other factors that contribute to melanin disorders on the skin, including sunlight exposure, pregnancy, some diseases, aging and trauma.
Melanin disorder can be caused by internal or external factors. Internal factors are often inborn and they are particularly common in people with dark skin complexion. External factors include: chemicals such as estrogen, progesterone, minocycline, betaxolol and sunlight. Ultraviolet rays cause stains, spots and freckles which could result with durable and impermanent discoloration.
This condition can also be result of traumas or surgeries. In these cases the spots are more durable.
Melasma is a hyperpigmentation of the skin that occurs in pregnant women. But it also impacts men. Melasma is called ‘the mask of pregnancy’, due to the brown stains that occur on the face, usually on the nose and cheeks. Fortunately, these stains are gone after childbirth.
NATURAL REMEDY FOR HYPERPIGMENTATION
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients and put the resulting mixture on the impacted skin.
- Leave it to work for 15 minutes. Once it is dried, you can wash it off with cold water.
- Don’t expose the treated skin on the sunlight after the treatment.
- Do this process once or twice during the day. Your skin’s health will be greatly improved.