Name one woman who doesn’t crave to have soft, silky, and long hair. But sadly, our hair becomes prone to damage quite quickly because of the pollution and chemical treatments we opt for. And bringing it back to life takes forever.
Fret not! Today, we are going to share an extremely helpful and inexpensive home remedy that will condition your brittle and dried out locks and make them gorgeous and healthy.
All you need to repair the damage is GELATIN POWDER!
This amazing ingredient can make your hair shiny and healthy like never before. It is rich in amino acids and protein that help in boosting hair growth and regenerating your hair. Gelatin contains keratin proteins that bind with the hair strands and strengthen them. It adheres especially well to damaged hair and helps in smoothening the hair cuticles.
In addition, gelatin is also helpful in tightening saggy skin and promoting nail growth.
Here’s how you can apply gelatin powder to your hair:
- 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of raw milk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of conditioner (if your hair is really dry)
How To Apply This Hair Mask
- Start by heating the milk.
- Once it starts boiling, turn off the flame and let it cool for some time.
- Now, add the gelatin powder to it while the milk is still warm. Chances are that lumps may get formed when you add the powder. This is why it is suggested to add gelatin powder while the milk is still warm. After adding gelatin, mix the solution well and ensure it is lump-free.
- Now, add all the other ingredients to this solution and mix well.
- Apply this to your wet hair and put on a shower cap so that the hair mask doesn’t make the things around you messy.
- Keep it on for half an hour and then wash your hair with normal shampoo.
Your hair will turn soft and glossy with the first application itself. But to maintain the health of your hair, apply this hair mask twice a week.
Along with it, it is very essential to take proper care of your hair. Mentioned below are a few tips and tricks that will help restore your damaged hair quickly.
1. Early Detection Of Damaged Hair Is The Key To Repair It.
Is your hair dull, dry, rough, or frizzy? Do you have split ends? Is your scalp acting weird? Is it itching a lot? If the answers to all these questions are yes, then it means you have damaged hair. Do not worry, it is never too late to bring it back to its glory. But, before you start the treatment, it is very important to take note of the damage and try and repair it.
2. Trim Those Split Ends.
If the ends of your hair are straw-like, it is an indication that you must get your hair trimmed. And if the level of damage is too high, you can even chop off your hair in layers. This will serve two purposes – cut off the damaged hair and give your hair a new style!
3. Avoid Styling Tools.
As soon as you notice the signs of hair damage, the first thing you must do is keep aside your hot styling tools, at least for a while. Using these will cause more damage to the already damaged cuticles. Let your hair dry naturally. Use no-heat techniques to straighten or curl your hair.
4. Say Goodbye To Hair Color And Bleach For Some Time.
Harsh bleaches and hair colors can damage your mane even more. This is why it is recommended to stay away from these chemicals and colors. Many salons offer restorative treatments, but even those treatments contain chemicals. So, it is always better to restore the health of your hair using natural treatments and remedies.
5. Oil Your Hair Regularly.
Regular oiling keeps your hair nourished and healthy. Gently massage the oil into your scalp and then leave it on for at least an hour or two. The oil forms a protective barrier on the cuticles and nourishes the hair shafts. You can use coconut oil, olive oil, or castor oil for best results.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this amazing gelatin hair mask and flaunt your shiny mane.